How can I tell if my child has spinal Imbalances?
Just as it is important that you have your children’s teeth checked by a dentist, it is also important to have their spine checked regularly for proper development. Use the following list to check for spinal imbalances:
- Have your child bend over with arms dangling forward. When you run your hand over his or her spine, does it curve from side to side?
- Look at your child from the rear, does one shoulder blade stick out or appear to be higher than the other?
- When looking at your child from the rear, is one ear higher than the other?
- Does your child’s back appear to be humped or rounded?
- Do your child’s clothes fit properly; are hems and waistbands of skirts or pants even?
These “home evaluations” are just a few indicators why your child may need chiropractic care. Please find a doctor of Chiropractic, and have your baby checked as early as possible. Many potentially serious spinal disorders may be caught early and possibly prevented like Scoliosis.